6/14/11

'I can't see myself leaving Real Madrid,' says Cristiano Ronaldo


Cristiano claims he would stay at Real Madrid for another 10 years if the opportunity arose, even though they won just a single trophy last season, the Copa del Rey, despite the Portugal international's 53 goals.
As good as Madrid were they still found themselves playing second fiddle to Barcelona, who won both La Liga and Champions League – in which they beat Madrid in the semi-finals.
Ronaldo has recently been linked with a move to Manchester City, a club backed by wealthy Middle Eastern owners, but the former Manchester United man insists he has no immediate plans to return to the Premier League. "I can't see myself leaving Madrid," he told the Cadena COPE radio station. "I'm very happy here, it has been phenomenal."
Ronaldo, who was reported to have been offered £400,000 a week to join City, says money is not a deciding factor in his future. "If I was after just money I could have doubled what I have in my account," he said. "But for me the most important thing is how people treat you. If the [Madrid] president [Florentino Perez] told me to sign on for 10 years today, I would do it – although I don't know what will happen tomorrow."
Ronaldo has won just one trophy since moving to Madrid, but believes his side can go on to win the Champions League for the first time since 2002.
"We had the potential to win more [last season]," he said. "I'm not obsessed by the Champions League, but I'm very excited about winning it – if you have a good coach and good players, everything arrives sooner or later."
And Ronaldo believes the Real manager, José Mourinho is the best there is. "He knows what he has to do to make the team win and I am sure we will do better in his second year at Madrid, as happened with me," he added.
"Mourinho is the best: he has shown that in all the leagues he has coached in. He knows better than anyone that we have to improve in all aspects and only those who work with him know what he is like."
Ronaldo scored 40 times in the Primera División to break the record shared by former Madrid great Hugo Sánchez and Athletic Bilbao legend Telmo Zarra, but the Portuguese says he would prefer titles to goals.
"I would prefer to have scored half the goals and won the league or the Champions League," he said. "But I've felt more comfortable [than last year] and, individually, this was perhaps my best season."
Madrid have been linked with the Atlético Madrid forward Sergio Agüero, the Santos striker Neymar and the Benfica full-back Fábio Coentrão – and Ronaldo believes all three would be great signings.
"Kun [Agüero] and Neymar are two great players and Coentrão may be the best Portuguese player still playing in Portugal," he said. "Fabio would be a great signing. He is a nice guy, he's very ambitious, he runs a lot and he's a very good player."
Ronaldo also hopes Madrid will keep the striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who spent the second half of the season on loan at the Santiago Bernabéu from Manchester City.
"I would keep him," he said. "He is a very good footballer, but an even better team-mate. He is also very important in the dressing room. He's like Marcelo, he transmits a lot of joy and positive energy."
Whichever players end up at Madrid next season, Ronaldo believes Barcelona can be caught.
"They won [last season] because they were the best, but no team is unbeatable," he said. "Barça have a great team and a good coach, but we'll get there. We have already shown in the cup and in other games [that we can compete]. We want to beat them and difficult things bring a different pleasure."

I personally don't him to go anywhere. i kinda want him back in Manchester United
what do you guys Think??? COMMENT bellow  

No comments: